With the distinctive flavor of a traditional Caesar salad, but with no cholesterol. Time: 15 minutes • Makes 4 servings (1 cup of dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp wakame flakes
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Blend all ingredients together.
- 3–4 whole romaine lettuce hearts, torn into bite-sized pieces
- flax crackers, brockern up (optional)
- 1⁄2 ounce dulse strips, cut into small pieces
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Toss the lettuce with several spoonfuls of dressing in a large bowl (use as much dressing as desired).
- Place dressed greens on a plate along with a couple of pieces of Red Onion Flatbread or flax crackers and sprinkle with a few dulse strips.
- Generously adorn with some freshly cracked pepper.
New Caesar Salad Image Source: Kate Veltkamp