This mock chicken salad recipe is great to keep around for a quick, filling and nutritious lunch or even a weeknight dinner. Try it stuffed in a pita, on toast, in a lettuce wrap, or over a bed of greens!
Mock Chicken Salad
- 16 oz (2 packages) tempeh, diced into small cubes
- 1 crisp apple, diced (Fuji or Granny Smith work well)
- ½ cup dried fruit (I used goji berries, but raisins, cranberries, or chopped dateswould also work)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 t curry powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise (I used Veganaise)
- Steam tempeh for 10 minutes in a steamer basket placed over a pot filled with 2 to 3 inches of water.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and black pepper in a largebowl.
- Stir in tempeh, apple, dried fruit, and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. You may want to add a bit more mayonnaise to moisten before serving
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS