These invigorating "no bake" treats include several forms of cacao (raw chocolate!) for serious chocolate lovers. The secret of the divine richness of the chocolate frosting is heavenly raw cacao paste. This paste is made from raw cacao beans – the real-deal source of all chocolate – which are ground into a peanut-butter-like blend that remains hard at room temperature, and dramatically melts into a silky-smooth rich chocolate river when heated. Alternatively, you can use melted unsweetened baker’s chocolate in place of cacao paste, but the raw cacao form is undoubtedly superior – in both flavor and antioxidants.
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
This Recipe is :
For the cupcake
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter, melted (or use coconut oil)
- 2½ tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- pinch sea salt
For the frosting
- ½ cup mashed avocado
- 3 tablespoons Navitas Naturals Cacao Paste, melted (or use bakers chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup agave nectar
For the sprinkles
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
To make the cupcakes
- Combine the walnuts, raisins, agave nectar and cacao butter (or coconut oil) in a food processor and puree.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add in the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder and sea salt, kneading together to combine thoroughly and forming a compact dough. (If dough is too dry, add a tablespoon or two of water. If it is too wet, adjust with extra almond flour.)
To make the frosting
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Use a mini muffin tin, and tuck a layer of saran wrap into a cup to use as a mold.
- Spoon in some of the cupcake dough and press firmly into the cup to form desired cupcake shape.
- Use the saran-wrap to remove the packed cake from the muffin tin, then peel away plastic.
- Frost the cupcake liberally with frosting and sprinkle with cacao nibs.
- Repeat for remaining cupcakes.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS