- Two large beefsteak tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ Jalapeño (deseeded & chopped)
- 3 Scallions (use bulb & stalk)
- Handful of cilantro (washed and chopped)
- Optional add in (be creative): Garlic, Grilled Pineapple, Watermelon, Mango, Zucchini, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Cherry, Strawberries, Corn, Black beans, etc.
- Mix jalapeño, scallions, and cilantro together
- Layer in Mason jar as follows: ¼ of the tomatoes and then ¼ of the green mixture (Jalapeño, scallion, & cilantro)
- Repeat until you fill the Mason jar.
Serving suggestions: As a dip for tortilla chips; Mixed in with avocado; Combined with rice.
Ashley Shamus: Ashley strives each and every day to live the most sustainable vegan life possible. Her biggest joy is being able to practice and preach her self-taught knowledge on the importance of living and eating with nature in mind. One day she hopes to open an incredible co-op/café, but until that opportunity comes along, she is happy as a lark contributing to ecologically friendly blogs, volunteering with animal rights organizations, and frolicking around with farm animals on her days off!