Traditionally, this North Indian drink is made with yogurt, but you can still enjoy this tasty cross between a smoothie and a milkshake by subbing coconut milk kefir for yogurt. Coconut milk kefir contains healthful probiotics that help keep the friendly bacteria in our guts flourishing. Kefir has been around for over 2,000 years and has been said to help improve immunity, aid in digestion, treat candida and yeast overgrowth, lower cholesterol and prevent cancer. The sour taste of the kefir mixed with the sweet of the mango makes this drink a sweet and sour treat.
This Recipe is :
- 1 ripe mango
- 3/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbls sweetener (agave, maple, or raw sugar)
- dash of ground cardamom for garnish
- Can omit sugar if the mango is extra ripe, or use a packet of stevia if you want to avoid sugar.
- Add all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high.
- Pour into serving glass and dash cardamom on top.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS