What's better than a ketchup draped pile of steaming potatoes? Ever consider coating them in ketchup before you baked them? Thankfully I did, and this is what emerged from my oven 25 minutes later. With a little garlic and spices tossed in, these came out crispy, savory, and delicious. Potatoes are full of potassium, and are a great staple to keep in the pantry. Experiment with different potato varieties, red skinned, blue potatoes, or the darling fingerlings. These are 100% vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free and will make a simple and lovely addition to your next breakfast or brunch!
Ketchup Baked Home Fries
- 5-6 medium yukon gold potatoes, cubed (no need to peel)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp neutral oil (avocado, grape seed, canola)
- 1/4 cup potato starch (or corn starch)
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, lightly oil baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into roughly 1 inch cubes and place on baking sheet. Cover with remaining ingredients and use your hands to toss to coat.
- Spread into an even layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip potatoes and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley if desired and ketchup drizzled on top. Enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS