This is a vegan spin on a tried and true British classic. Jaffa cakes are a beloved British tea time treat, with a chocolate topping and a gooey orange filling in the middle. This version is made with a luscious chocolate ganache.
This Recipe is :
- 200g Doves Mill Gluten and Wheat-Free Self-Raising Flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100ml unsweetened soy milk
- zest of 2 oranges
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 170ºC. Line a 7″ round cake tin with baking parchment (or grease it).
- Place the dry ingredients in one bowl and combine the wet ingredients in another. Simply fold the wet ingredients into the dry, bit by bit. Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 32 to 35 minutes. Keep checking the cake as it bakes: if the top is looking golden, it’s probably ready. Insert a knife to make sure: if it comes out of the cake clean, the cake is baked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small pot, gently heat the soy milk. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the milk when it starts to bubble (after about 3 minutes). Keep the pan on medium heat, swirling the chocolate around every few seconds with a wooden spoon. Gradually the chocolate will melt and become silky.
- Take off the heat and set aside for a few minutes. Spread over the cake with the back of your spoon. Cool at room temperature (not in the fridge: that will crack the chocolate ganache).
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS