We all have busy schedules and eating healthy can be hard. Today we have a solution – portable healthy snack! Protein muffins are a great way to keep full and satisfied as you go upon your day. And it is gluten free and low in sugar too!
- 1/4 cup protein powder (we used vanilla flavored brown rice protein)
- 1/4 cup flax meal ( just grind up flax seeds into a powder form)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (adjust to taste, add in more if you want it more sweet)
- 5 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place protein powder and flax meal into a bowl. Next add in your baking soda and baking powder and stevia. Begin to stir. (if you do not want to use stevia in this recipe, use about 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sugar)
- Next add in your 5 tablespoons water. You can use a non-dairy milk alternative if you would like. Batter will be REALLY THICK.
- Place muffin batter into a lightly coconut oiled pan. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Take out from warm oven let cool slightly and then enjoy.