This is ridiculously good. my girl friend and i decided it should be illegal, or it’s distribution at least regulated; for this pizza is dangerous.
The recipe is gonna be a little tricky to recreate because I used a bunch of leftovers, but if I give you a general outline you should be able to do it. Trust in yourself; all it takes is some vegan cheese, veggies and love…
Then again, doesn’t everything?
If you use a gluten free crust and only Daiya cheese – this is soy-free, gluten-free and obviously dairy-free. hurray! If you wanna leave out the cheese and keep it totally whole foods, it’ll still be delicious.
Three cheese pizza with grilled veggies, black rice and sweet & sour mustard sauce:
Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- buy one pre-made (easy to be gluten free) OR use this gluten free recipe, OR:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt & pepper
- dried herbs of your choosing (I like basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or use pine nuts and water)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- a few drops of liquid smoke
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2-5 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave
- water as needed
- 2 grilled bell peppers
- grilled eggplant slices
- 1 cup cooked black rice mix (like we used leftovers from a stir-fry)
- handful basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded soya cheddar cheese (or use shredded daiya cheddar cheese)
- 1/3 daiya mozzarella shredded cheese
- pepper and/or fave dried herb mixes
- fave hot sauce
- parma cheese!
Make the crust: combine the yeast and warm water in a warm mixing bowl. sprinkle on a tinsy bit of sugar to feed the yeast. let it rise for about 10 minutes. add the other ingredients and kneed the dough or mix in your mixer (we have a kitchen-aid) until it’s soft and elastic; 8-10 minutes. let it rise for an hour or until it doubles in size. then roll it out into a pizza crust! partially bake it for 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees.
Make the sauce: blend all ingredients until smooth. duh. if it’s too thick, add more water. spread onto your par-baked pizza crust. theeeeennn… load on the toppings, with the cheese last, sealing in all the goodness. leave the pepper, hot sauce and parma off until it’s out of the oven. bake for 8 minutes at 425 or until it looks done. slice it up and ENJOY the heck out of it.