I usually make a big batch at the beginning of the week that will last us several days. The rest of the family enjoys them as mid-afternoon snacks on the go.
Herbed Chickpea and Sesame Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 175C/375F.
- In a large bowl, sift together chickpea flour, salt, sesame seeds and thyme.
- Stir in oil, then add the water.
- Knead until it becomes a supple dough. Add little more flour if too wet, or little more water if too dry.
- Form dough into a disc.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out the dough evenly and as thin as possible, to 1/8 inch thickness (or less if you can). Remove top baking sheet.
- With a knife or cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes. Poke each cracker with a fork to prevent puffing.
- Transfer onto baking sheet (with bottom parchment paper).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Break crackers at pre-cut edges.
- Serve immediately or keep in open bowl (they tend to un-crisp in airtight containers).