This is one of my favorite soups and I’ve been making it really often during the past few weeks. It’s hearty, filling and really delicious. This would make a great starter for your valentine’s dinner if you are cooking dinner at home. But really, you should try it even if you don’t have someone to share it with. After all, everyone can enjoy a big bowl of delicious pumpkin soup.
- 500 grams/1 pound fresh pumpkin cubes
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, cut in small pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in small pieces
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- salt to taste
- In a big pot heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and the spices.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and the pumpkin and saute for a minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and cook for about 40 minutes, until the pumpkin is fully cooked and soft.
- Add the coconut milk and season with salt to taste.
- Blend the soup using an immersion blender adding more vegetable broth or coconut milk depending on how thick or thin you want your soup to be.
- Serve topped with heart shaped croutons or bread and enjoy it with your Valentine!