These Fruity Pancakes are loaded with both fruit and flavor. If you’ve ever thought being healthy means denying flavor, then this is one recipe that will show you it truly is possible to have both.
Fruit-Filled Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 medium banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup dry oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Vegetable spray
- Blend first 4 ingredients in a blender and then walk away. That’s right. Let it sit for a bit while you go do a few other things. You know, like paint your nails or go do a few yoga poses. But don’t get too relaxed because there are more steps to follow.
- Next add the gluten-free flour and dry oats into the blender for a few seconds until everything is well combined.
- Follow this by adding the baking soda, powder, and cinnamon. Add the vanilla. Here is where you can add more water (or soy milk) if you think the mixture is too thick. I like my pancake batter to be more runny than thick so I did add a little bit of water to the recipe at this point.
- Heat your griddle over medium high heat. Spray some vegetable spray, and pour about 1/4 cup of this fruity pancake batter in the pan. Be sure to allow enough space between the pancakes. When you notice bubbles appearing on the top of the pancakes it’s time to do some flipping. I keep my can of veggie spray handy and while I have the pancake on the spatula, I’ll spray a bit of it on the pan. I stored the finished pancakes in a slightly warm toaster oven.
- Continue with this process until you’re through with all the batter.
- Enjoy these gluten-free Fruity Pancakes with sliced bananas and maple syrup.