If you want amazing vegan comfort food, stunning new recipe ideas, and fun spins on old classics, then last week’s recipes are for you! We’re bringing you killer breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts and snacks to keep your hunger satisfied all day long. We had some standout recipes this week, so make sure to try them out to see what’s got everyone talking!
The best part? All of these recipes can be found on our mobile app, Food Monster!
1. Blooming Onion with Dipping Sauce [Vegan]This vegan Blooming Onion by Gabrielle St. Claire is a handful of ingredients, baked, crispy, the sauce is like pure heaven, a much healthier version, great for entertaining, no greasy mess, and perfect for any season! Typically a blooming onion utilizes egg and breadcrumbs, which also have egg, are fried, and have a slight crisp outer edge. In hopes to create a healthier alternative, this version skips the frying, switches up the egg for more a thicker flour coating, and opts for Panko and simply grinds it into a dust to resemble breadcrumbs.
2. Best Ever Zucchini Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]These Best Ever Zucchini Brownies by Robin Runner are so unbelievably awesome. The best & only recipe you’ll ever need! The key with baking anything with zucchini is removing every last bit of water from it. Be patient and these delectable brownies will reward you, pinky promise!
3. Almond Butter Roasted Tofu with Mango Avocado Salad [Vegan]This recipe is ridiculously pretty on a plate, while also being super healthy and very summery. This low-carb Almond Butter Roasted Tofu with Mango Avocado Salad by Medha Swaminathan is unforgettable! Even if you don’t like mixing your sweet and savory, you’ll still love this recipe. Something about mango (and most nut butters) works so well in savory dishes- you’ve gotta give it a go!
4. Potato Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]These Potato Cakes by Melissa Tedesco are the perfect way to use up any leftover mashed potatoes, or to just make on their own! You can make this dish by simply boiling some potatoes until soft and giving them a mash. These potato cakes are perfect as a starter or a savory breakfast. They taste great with a dollop of vegan sour cream, or simply garnished with chives.
5. Cauliflower Pâté [Vegan]This Cauliflower Pate by Maria Llamas is super easy to make – it’s tasty, yummy and smooth. You will be surprised by its flavor, so intense and light at the same time. You could even make it with any boiled/roasted cauliflower leftovers. You could enjoy the creamy cauliflower pâté on its own, with veggie crudités, spread on bread, on a sandwich or in a nori wrap.
6. Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles [Vegan]Do you love healthy chocolate truffles? This vegan easy healthy Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffle recipe by Petra Vogel is sure to become a favorite in your home. They are so delicious!
7. Croque Monsieur [Vegan]This sandwich carries all the decadent French flavors of the classic, but in a vegan version that is absolutely delicious. Who couldn’t love melty vegan cheese in addition to all the other rich and tasty flavors? This Croque Monsieur by Melanie Sorrentino will become your ultimate comfort food.
8. Mushroom and Swiss Chard Pasta with Creamy Rosè Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]There’s nothing like delicious pasta topped with veggies and creamy, satisfying sauce. This Mushroom and Swiss Chard Pasta with Creamy Rosè Sauce by Logan Dunn certainly checks all of those boxes! Perfectly seasoned with balanced flavors, you’ll want to make this dish again and again.
9. Banana Peel Stir Fry [Vegan]One of the plants with the most potential uses is banana. Banana leaf is used to serve, banana flower can be used in making cutlets or stir fry, the stem is edible in the form of another yummy stir fry, and banana itself can be either eaten raw or cooked! Even the banana peel can turn into a very delicious Banana Peel Stir Fry, as you can see in this recipe by Anupa Joseph. Isn’t it amazing?
10. Irish Soda Bread Baked Oatmeal [Vegan]
Soda bread is a wonderful treat for any time of the day. It’s best as a side with some soup, but it’s also lovely at breakfast! This Irish Soda Bread Baked Oatmeal by Lauren Smith is different than other oatmeals because it’s significantly less sweet. If you take a look at the recipe, you’ll notice there’s no sweetener involved. After all, it’s meant to replicate the taste of bread, and a very simple bread! You could also top it with your favorite jam.
Try out these recipes to see why they went viral last week! For more recipe inspiration, check out our previous viral recipes in From Chocolate Coffee Cake to Swedish Meatballs: 10 Vegan Recipes That Went Viral Last Week! and many more on our Food Monster App. With over 10,000 recipes right in the palm of your hand, you’ll always have something delicious and new to try. It’s available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. Full of allergy-friendly recipes, subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead Image Source: Best Ever Zucchini Brownies