This low-caloric chia treat is not only a perfect dessert after a healthy dinner, but also a wonderful energizing (caffeine!) breakfast. You’ll love it in the morning!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 l soy milk
- 2 espresso shots
- 4 tbsp stevia powder*
- 12-15 tbsp chia seeds**
- 1 cup (or to taste) of raspberries, fresh or thawed
- Place the milk,espresso and stevia into the blender and blend briefly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the chia seeds. Stir thoroughly, making sure that all the seeds are covered with the liquid. Leave out and, using a large spoon or a spatula, stir periodically (about every 10 minutes), breaking up any clusters that form.
- Allow the pudding to stand until it has thickened to the right consistency, for at least an hour. If within one hour it is not puddingy enough, add 1-3 tablespoons of chia seeds, wait and check the consistency again.
- Refrigerate before serving for at least an hour.
- Before serving, carefully stir in the raspberries and/or top individual portions with them.
Notes: For this recipe I used stevia powder with inuline. The amount of tablespoons of chia seeds depends on the consistency of the pudding you want to achieve. Start with 12, and check it out after 30 minutes. If it is not gelly enough, add one more and check the consistency again in half an hour. Repeat if necessary.
For more healthy vegan breakfast options, check out the following amazing recipes from One Green Planet: