This Coconut Lime Cream Pie is mouth-watering good and perfect for the summer season. A sweetened pistachio crust filled with coconut lime custard, the pie is so rich and refreshing and everyone will love it.
yields: 4 small tarts
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- pinch of salt
- 1 can coconut milk (cream only), chilled overnight.
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- zest of 1lime
- 1 can coconut milk (cream only), chilled overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Lightly spray four small tart pans. If you don’t have these, you can use a muffin tin
- Mix the crust ingredients (pistachios, agave, and salt) together in a food processor until pistachios are ground up and hold together.
- Divide evenly between the four tart pans or muffin tins. Press crust into the bottom of the pans and set aside to make a filling.
- In a food processor combine the filling ingredients. You only want to use the fatty, cream part of the coconut milk which, if chilled the night before, will be nicely separated to the top of the can and will scoop out easily.
- Mix ingredients until well combined. Scoop batter into the tart shells filling almost to the top and place in freezer.
- To make the topping, use your second can of coconut milk again only spooning out only the solid cream. Whisk together with powdered sugar until it resembles whipped cream.
- Pull cream pies out of the freezer and create a smooth top with coconut whipped cream. Place back in freezer and allow pie to set up (at least 2 hours).
- When ready to serve remove from the freezer, remove from tart pans (you may need to run a hot knife around the edges) and allow pies 15-20 minutes before eating.