This delicious chocolate tart is sweetened with dates and maple syrup. The crust is made of wholesome ingredients including pecans, hemp seeds, and oats. The most surprising ingredient in this tart is the avocado. It adds a rich, creamy texture when combined with the coconut oil and milk to this luscious and smooth filling. I bet you won't even know it's there!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 5 oz dark chocolate, melted (about 70% cacao is good)
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped out
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (shake can well so cream and water are mixed)
- Soak dates for ten minutes or so in a bowl of water, and drain.
- In a food processor, combine pecans, dates, oats, and hemp seeds, syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Process until well combined.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate and press mixture into a crust.
- Chill until filling is ready.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Slice one banana on a diagonal and arrange on top of the tart.
- Sprinkle with unrefined sugar and caramelize with a creme brulee torch.
- If you do not have a creme brulee torch, place the bananas on a baking sheet and top with unrefined sugar, broil for a few seconds until caramelized.
- Serve chilled.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS