Who want to scoop cookie dough, anyway? Not impatient people. This dough comes together quickly in a cast-iron skillet so you don’t need to dirty a single bowl. If you don’t have the time or just don’t feel like making your own chocolate chips, just sub regular store-bought ones. Feel free to play around with the mix-ins if you want!
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons applesauce
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- stevia or other sweetener, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 6 Tablespoons almond milk, or milk of choice
Chocolate Chips (or you could sub store-bought chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- sweetener to taste, optional
- In a pot, whisk together carob powder and almond milk until no clumps remain. Heat it over low heat and simmer until thick, whisking constantly. Really, I mean it. Don’t stop whisking. It will burn. Add sweetener to taste, if desired.
- Pour mixture into a mold (I used a plastic container and it popped out beautifully), and freeze until firm. I just left it in overnight. Once frozen, break the bar into little tiny pieces and freeze until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a greased cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add banana slices, and cook stirring occasionally until softened, caramelized, and mashed.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in the applesauce, vanilla extract, and molasses and stir.
- Add in almond milk, one tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated.
- Fetch the chocolate chips you just made from the freezer, and stir them in.
- Evenly spread the cookie dough to the edges of the skillet to form a pie/cake shape.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 25-30minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and eat!
Fat - 2g
If the dough becomes to wet, stop adding almond milk.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
CarobChocolateChocolate ChipChocolate CookieGrain-Free FlourNut-based Milk