The dressing for this kale salad is creamy and delicious, with both salty and sweet flavors. The nutritional yeast also provides for a mild cheese flavor that is comforting and decadent.
Cheezy Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 2 bunches kale, washed and de-stemmed
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-6 Medjool dates
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger root
- 1 tablespoon no-salt seasoning
- 1 cup coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-3 tablespoons of water, if necessary to blend
- 8-10 scallions, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Put kale leaves in a large bowl. Make dressing by processing hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, onion, garlic, dates, ginger, no-salt seasoning, coconut vinegar and turmeric in a high-speed blender. Add water if necessary to blend. Taste for flavor and add additional dates if you prefer.
- Pour dressing over the kale leaves and use some clean, kitchen scissors to chop the leaves. Use a large serving spoon to stir the dressing into the leaves. Marinate for at least two hours.
- Before serving, stir in chopped scallions.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS