Sometimes nut and dried fruit bars can be a bit heavy tasting and feeling with the decadent ingredients but the ginger, lemon, and chamomile definitely add a nice touch of refreshment. Although it tastes amazing in bars, cookies, cakes and breads, ginger also makes an excellent addition to juices, smoothies, stir fries, dressings, salads and marinades.
This recipe here is a swell alternative to purchasing affiliated GMO-supporting energy bars (those who shall remain anonymous) as well as is a cost efficient way to make your own energy bites.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup dates or dried apricots
- 2 tbsp whole flaxseed
- 1 tbsp dried chamomile
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place nuts, dried fruit, and flaxseeds into a food processor and blend until chopped up and combined. Add in rest of ingredients until thoroughly fused.
- Form into whatever shapes that you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Should last for a few weeks, but I honestly don’t see how they would not all be devoured by then…
Some other healthy vegan snacks include: