The secret to great pancakes (in my opinion) is to not over-mix the batter. We want light, fluffy, golden circles of deliciousness, and over-mixing can cause them to become dense and heavy.
Blueberry Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, plus some extra to adjust consistency, in needed
- 2.5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus an extra pinch
- 1/2 cup+ blueberries, fresh or completely thawed and rinsed
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, mixing well. Slowly add the coconut milk and oil, mixing together until smooth (but don’t over-mix!). Note: If it’s too thick, you can thin it out with another dash of coconut milk.
- Ladle the batter (amount depending on desired size of pancakes) onto hot, oiled pan or griddle, over medium-high heat. Immediately sprinkle blueberries onto the pancake (I average 3-4 per cake).
- Let sit until bubbles appear and then start to pop on top of the pancake, then flip. Leave on the other side for about a minute or until cooked through. Serve with real NH maple syrup and enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS