Kale chips have been quite a craze lately, but it's easy to make delicious, healthy chips with many different vegetables. Take beets for example, their beautiful rich colour only looks more appetizing when crisped up in the oven and tossed with simple ingredients like olive oil and sea salt. Make sure to make a big batch…they'll be gone before you know it!
- Beets (use the largest ones you can find, as they shrink a ton!)
- Olive oil
- Maldon sea salt (or other flaky sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Slice beets very thin using a mandolin.
- Toss with olive oil so each beet slice is covered.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and lay beet slices in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Place in the oven immediately, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 225 degrees F for about an hour.
- Keep a close eye on the beets and remove from the oven when they are crisp and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy on their own or with your favourite dip!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS