I have been madly in love with peanut, trying out dozens of peanut recipes. I wanted to make muffins that are good enough for breakfast and tasty enough for snacking. One of my favorite ways to make muffins healthier is to use Bananas in it. Banana’s make them sweet without sugar and moist without butter. I also like using quick cooking oats as it makes the muffins fluffier and lighter and of course adds a lot of fiber.
These muffins have all ingredients to make them perfect for the breakfast table, they have oats, bananas, peanut butter, flax seeds and they are also whole wheat! Enjoy them with a tall glass of your favorite plant-based milk or a hot cup of coffee for a quick weekday breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flax seed powder + 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (for topping)
- Mix flaxseed powder and water, keep it aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir oil and peanut butter. Now add the mashed banana, flax seed and water mixture, 1 cup water and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix till everything is combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon them into greased muffins tray and top each muffin with few whole flax seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 20-25 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy them hot with a cup of coffee!