Chia seeds are one of the oldest cultivated plants known to man. They are loaded with antioxidants, essential fatty acids (3 and 6), vitamins, minerals and fiber. Chia seeds maintain blood sugar levels as they slow our bodies conversion of carbohydrates into simple sugars. They are great for an athletic person as they can effectively replenish minerals lost in sweat. Chia seeds can also help in weight loss as they swell up to 10 times their size, which prevents absorption of some calories we eat. Chia puddings are great for breakfast as they will provide you with ample energy throughout the day.
Banana Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 organic banana
- 2 tbls hemp seeds
- 2 tbls raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place the chia seeds in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Blend almond milk, banana, hemp seeds, cacao, salt, dates, vanilla and cinnamon in a high speed blender.
- Blend on high until a chocolate shake consistency is achieved.
- Add wet ingredients to chia seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes while chia seeds swell and become gel like.
- Serve with a few goji berries as garnish.
- Pudding will last in refrigerator, covered for a few days.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS