Simple, simple, simple! This baked stuffed sweet potato is a perfectly filling and great tasting meal all by itself. Once you dig in and open up your sweet potato, it will fill the plate with its beautiful orange flesh, while the all the flavors combine to create a healthy and satisfying meal….it’s both visually appealing and delicious. This is a nutrient dense meal, full of fiber and protein. The addition of the sriracha cashew cheese sauce gives it a nice added punch of flavor that pairs so well with the sweet potato. I also added extra broccoli on the side for myself. Feel free to add anything more or less that you like. Add a grain like quinoa, farro or brown rice if you need a little extra heartiness, but for some of us this is a filling meal in itself. Now, let’s get back to basics and enjoy the simples…
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potato + Sriracha Cashew Cheese Sauce
Ingredients (per potato):
- sweet potato
- broccoli florets, steamed (about 1/2 cup)
- avocado, sliced (about 1/2, sliced)
- sriracha cashew cheese sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potato and prick them in a few places with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake until soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare your sriracha cashew cheese sauce and set aside.
- Towards the end of baking time, or when sweet potatoes are cooling, steam your broccoli.
To serve, slice your sweet potato along the top center from end to end, push the ends to open up the middle. Fill with broccoli, sliced avocado and top with spicy cheese sauce.