Tomatoes have been my favorite food since childhood, but even hardcore tomato sauce lovers like myself need to change up our pizzas every once in a while. This Artichoke and Olive Pizza has an artichoke tapenade base. While it might seem that using artichokes and olives both in a sauce and as toppings would be overkill, the addition of roasted red peppers, fresh garlic and spinach create a medley of flavors that have landed themselves right at the top of my list of favorite pizza combinations. You won't miss the tomatoes, and you certainly won't miss the cheese!
Artichoke and Olive Pizza [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 8 ounces jarred or frozen artichokes, drained and quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing the outer edges of the crust)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of toppings.
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped canned or frozen artichokes
- Store bought Pizza Dough
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Boil frozen artichokes 3-4 minutes
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor and process for approximately 30 seconds.
- Spread the sauce on the pizza crust.
- Brush the edges of the crust with extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the toppings on the pizza.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.