At some point, we all need a moment of peace and quiet; a moment of loneliness, a moment to relax, to gather your thoughts and enjoy the calmness. Usually, these are the lazy Sunday afternoons; when all the work is done and it is time to enjoy the latest issue of your favorite magazine, watch a movie and chat with some friends. And what could accompany those moments better than a warm cup of cacao milk and a truffle. Really, nothing beats that! The raw nut cacao milk recipe is inspired by the raw truffles a la France and follows their logic. It is gluten-free, sugar-free, soya-free and lactose-free. Delicious!
How to Make Raw Cacao Milk
- 2 cups soaked almonds
- 1 cup soaked and pitted dates
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds
- a little bit of ginger
- 2-3 teaspoons cacao powder
- Soak the nuts and dates overnight.
- Carefully wash the nuts with cold water and pour them in the blender.
- Add the water and blend until no nut chunks remain.
- Strain through a nut bag or double lined lint, carefully squeezing all the liquid out.
- Peel the dates, strain the soaking water and blend until nice and creamy with the water.
- Pour the milk back into the blender and add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend for another minute.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy at any time.