Snacks are under-rated!
A healthy snack is a great way to keep your blood sugar stable, maintain energy levels throughout the day, and avoid getting overly hungry between meals. Snacks can also be an important tool in managing cravings to help you stick to any diet plan and reach your health and wellness goals.
There’s a healthy snack alternative that will satisfy just about any of the most common cravings – like sweet, salty, savory, and crunchy. From super-healthy kale chips and raw energy bars to fun splurges like chocolate toast and caramel popcorn, there’s something for every snack craving, every diet, and every occasion in this collection!
For more information about managing cravings and additional snack ideas, check out our Guide to Understanding and Managing Food Cravings.
Mocha Chip Larabar
Recipe by Bridget Besoner: Blogger, The Road Not Processed
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup (packed) dates
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Add nuts and dates into food processor and blend well. Then add in the cocoa, coffee, vanilla, and chocolate chips and blend a bit more until all the ingredients are mixed, chopped up, and the texture is moldable.
- Form into whatever shapes you’d like! I found that making balls out of tablespoon measures are the easiest for me. (Also the easiest to eat ;) )
- Store these in a sealed container in the fridge. They will last for quite a while, unless you’re like myself and devour these within the first few days.
- I must suggest to have a bit of patience as these get better with age! After storing them in the fridge for a few hours, the flavors fuse so well! They get even more addicting after a day or two, so hands off for a bit folks.
- Sour Cream and Onion Kale Chips
- Baked Kale Chips
- Bourbon Caramel Popcorn
- Chocolate Toast
- Chamomile Ginger Lemon Raw Energy Bars
- Gluten-free Vegan Fig Newton Clones
- Chocolate-Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
- Coconut Ginger Smoothie
- Individual Protein Muffin
Got a delicious vegan snack recipe? Share it with us!