What’s better than heading home after a long day, and digging into a bag of your favorite vegan snacks while you veg out (Get it, veg out?) on the couch and catch up on tv shows? Stocking up on vegan snacks doesn’t have to be a hassle that requires you taking the train to a grocery store. CVS Pharmacy is one of the most common pharmacies and drug stores around, and there is guaranteed to be one at a location near you.
Vegan snacks don’t have to be expensive, either. You can pop into your local CVS and grab an entire weeks worth of snacks for under $30! Don’t think it’s possible? Keep reading below for tips and tricks on snack shopping at CVS, and all the homemade vegan snacks you can make from our Food Monster App.
- Check for coupons: You can use both manufacture’s coupons and store coupons – even on the same item. As long as the qualifications of both coupons are met, you can use them.
- Pre-order online: Ordering your must-have items online is easy, and convenient.
- Get an ExtraCare card: The ExtraCare card is a frequent shoppers card just like you’d get a Kroger or other grocery store chain. You’ll earn 2% back in ExtraCare Bucks on nearly every purchase you make!
- Sign up for email alerts: Make sure that you sign up for their emails because you will get special offers and coupons when you do!
Chips are easy to find, pretty cheap, and always taste delicious. They’re a great snack to eat in moderation, and many chips are vegan! Take them with you on your commute or have them as a side with your avocado wrap. There are a few kinds of chips you’ll be able to find at CVS. When you go shopping, feel free to use these dips!
- Pita Chips: These taste great dipped in hummus, guacamole or by themselves. Get a bag for $3.29!
- Lays Classic Potato Chips: These classic potato chips are truly heaven-sent. They contain NO animal products. Get a family sized bag for $4.29!
- Veggie Chips: These chips are all natural and have a pleasing blend of potato, tomato, and spinach. You can get a bag for $2.99!
If you want to make your own chips, look to this Snacks From Scratch: 15 Homemade Vegan Chips and Crackers Recipes.
Who doesn’t enjoy a sweet, crunchy or chewy cookie in the afternoon? We know we sure do. There are a lot of cookie brands you can enjoy at CVS, so finding and picking your favorites will be easy. Dip them in a cold glass of almond milk or enjoy after a satisfying dinner.
- Oreos: Yes! These babies are vegan. Get a sleeve for yourself or an entire package to enjoy. Get a family sized one for $4.59!
- Nutter Butters: We’re sure you didn’t realize these delicious peanut butter cookies are vegan, but they are! You can get these creamy cookies for $2.39!
- Breakfast Biscuits: BelVita Chocolate Breakfast Biscuits by Nabisco are actually vegan as well. You can get a package of these tasty treats for $4.09!
Popcorn is always the go-to snack for movie nights and easy eating. Lucky for us, there are plenty of plant-based popcorns that don’t require any butter.
- Sea Salt: Angie’s Boomchickapop Popcorn contains just enough salty goodness to hold you over until dinner. Buy a big bag for only $3.69.
- Organic: Gold Emblem Organic Popcorn is all-natural and all delicious. Get it for only $2.59!
- Skinny Pop: SkinnyPop Popcorn is low in calorie and is non-GMO. Enjoy guilt-free snacking with this dieters favorite. Get a bag for $4.09!
Hungry for more? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Snacks! We recommend downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead image source: Shutterstock