While I simply adore chia pudding, it’s traditionally made with a combination of young Thai coconuts and cashews. Using a base of almonds and walnuts changes the texture to a deeper and richer body and offers a delicious alternative. You are never limited to the flavor extracts posted in any recipe I post. These are just a suggestion (my favorite), but I’ve made this pudding using almond or hazelnut extract, combined with coffee extract, and that is divine as well!
Raw Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 3 Tablespoons chia
- ¾ cup water
- 3/4 cup nuts (mixed almonds and walnuts)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon cacao nibs
- Medicine Flower Extracts – (optional) 2 drops each, Morello Cherry and Dark Chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons grade B maple syrup (or your fav sweetener).
- Place chia and water in a bowl and let sit for 10 minues (or longer). Add mixture to blender and mix until creamy.
- Add mixed almonds and walnuts (soaked overnight), cacao powder, a pinch of sea salt, cacao nibs, and blend well. Add water or almond milk, as needed to blend.
- Optional: Add 2 drops *Medicine Flower Morello Cherry extract and 2 drops Medicine Flower Dark Chocolate extract, (or add your favorite flavor extract).
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons grade B maple syrup or your favorite liquid sweetener. Blend until creamy.
- Pour into goblets and refrigerate several hours. Garnish with chopped walnuts and/or cacao nibs.