Nothing is quite as cozy and comforting as a warm bowl of soup!
But the power of soup extends well beyond its warmth. Here are 4 other reasons to eat more soup this fall:
- Soup is Seasonal: Soup is the perfect way to make use of some of the season’s best fruits and vegetables! Winter squash, potatoes, and other root vegetables make a delicious base for creamy soups, or work well chopped up in a hearty stew.
- Soup is Convenient: Make a big pot of soup over the weekend, store in meal-sized containers in the fridge or freezer, and reheat for a quick, healthy weeknight dinner!
- Soup is Healthy: With its high liquid and vegetable content, soup makes a nutritious and filling appetizer or meal option. Load up on the good stuff!
- Soup is Versatile: Many soup recipes are highly adaptable based on your tastes and preferences. Use sweet or savory spices; vary the type of squash; add some noodles or beans; and mix up your greens. Soup is also a great way to use up what you have in the fridge or pantry – and the variety keeps things interesting!
Ready to make some? Here are a dozen of our favorite fall soup recipes.
- Easy Sunday Soup
- Acorn Squash Apple Soup
- Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Roast Brussels Sprouts and Rosemary Soup
- Curry Chick’n and Gnocchi Soup
- Cremini Mushroom, Rainbow Chard, Shallot Soup
- Chicken-Less Pot Pie Soup
- Pigeon Pea Soup with Opo Squash
- Escarole and White Bean Soup
- Smoky Roasted Corn and Sweet Pepper Soup
- Curried Lentil Soup
- Herby Bean Soup
Also be sure to check out 11 Tips for Making Great Vegetable Soups for even more soup ideas and inspiration!
Got a delicious fall soup recipe? Share it with us!