There is something so comforting and satisfying about biting into a warm piece of bread.
And it’s also super versatile. There’s a bread for every mood, every occasion, and even every diet. There are low carb and gluten free options, sweet breads and savory ones, and most importantly, TONS of amazing vegan recipes!
Made without the eggs or dairy found in some conventional breads, vegan versions are both cholesterol and cruelty-free, and are often made with wholesome (and tasty) ingredients like fresh or dried fruit, nuts and seeds, squash, and whole grains.
So, yes., you can now have your vegan bread and eat it too!
Vegan Bread Recipes:
Check out one of our favorite vegan bread recipes, below, followed by a roundup of 9 more delicious options.
Recipe by Lindsay Nixon, The Happy Herbivore
- 1 c white whole-wheat flour
- 1 c cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp minced fresh sage
- 1 c nondairy milk
- ¼ c canned pure pumpkin
- ¼ c agave nectar
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (optional)
- Pinch of ground anise (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a standard 9-inch bread pan, 8-inch square baking pan, or shallow pie dish, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt together until well combined.
- Add sage, nondairy milk, pumpkin puree, agave nectar, plus optional sugar and anise, and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the bread is firm to the touch.
- Blueberry Almond Yeast Bread Loaf
- Walnut, Squash and Apple Bread
- Spicy Gingerbread
- Grapefruit Coconut Bread with Cocoa Hazelnut Frosting
- “All for One” Single Serving Banana Bread
- Blueberry Cornbread
- Strawberry Loaf
- Gluten Free Coconut Lime Loaf
- Mediterranean Focaccia Bread
Hungry for even more tasty vegan bread recipes? Check out the rest of our collection!