Do you want to be a Green Monster? Are you looking to build your social media skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of vegan food, animal welfare, and eco-conscious living? Then why not apply to One Green Planet’s Fellowship Program?
As the largest (and fastest growing) eco-conscious lifestyle platform on the Internet, One Green Planet proudly creates viral and thought-provoking content designed to inspire millions of monthly visitors to take action for the environment, animals and people alike. We’re all about throwing out preconceived notions and labels that define what it means to be “green” and showing people how they can change the world by taking small actions (like eating vegan donuts).
What’s the Fellowship Program?
A three-month long intensive, full-time paid opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Fellows are typically recent college graduates who are forward-thinking animal lovers and environmental enthusiasts, looking to sharpen their knowledge of online media, and gain experience working on the latest issues in the space. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the marvelous One Green Planet team and become an essential part of the day-to-day function of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers.
What is Expected of Social Media Fellows?
Social Media Fellows will focus on learning how to create shareable content for various social media platforms, including graphics, gifs, memes, etc. The fellow will collaborate with One Green Planet’s editorial team to develop and execute social media campaigns across platforms and conduct research and analysis on new and emerging trends in social media and viral content.
What are We Looking For?
In addition to a sense of humor and amazing work ethic, we’re looking for a candidate with the following skill set:
- An avid One Green Planet reader, passionate about our areas of focus, including vegan food, eco-friendly/cruelty-free products, environmental and animal issues.
- A social media junkie who’s obsessed with Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Creative, quick, and eager to work at a fast-paced startup.
- MUST know photoshop or other similar photo editing software like Illustrator, etc. Designing sharable gifs, graphics, posters and images is a daily part of the job.
- A sense of humor and an attitude topped with AWESOMESAUCE is a HUGE Plus!
Endless stress-busting sessions with Goji, our Chief Happiness Officer!
How to Apply:
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org with your resume, links to your social media accounts and answer the following questions:
- Which of the following are you OBSESSED with? Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or Instagram? Be truthful about which one you could do a killer job at and don’t worry about losing brownie points because we’re looking to fill in a few roles!
- Give us one amazing social media campaign idea that you’d love to execute for One Green Planet and why you think it’s would be EPIC.
- Participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://onegr.pl/1lJE8G0 and send a link of your update along with your application.
Qualified applicants who are selected for interviews will be assigned a series of test posts/assignments for our consideration and may be required to complete a one/two-week trial phase. Successful candidates will be asked on board to complete a three-month-long fellowship.
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
- Incomplete applications that do not include all of the information requested above will not be considered.
- Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tri-State area or willing to relocate at their own cost.
- This is a full-time paid fellowship.