Here is a take on stuffing that doesn't involve white bread or corn bread. Try stuffing with wild rice to set your Thanksgiving dinner table this year.
Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion
This Recipe is :
- 1 1/4 cups Wild Rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups Stock, Vegetable or Poultry, or water
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Dried Apricots
- 2 TBS White Wine Vinegar, plus more to taste
- 6 Scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced, about 3/4 cup loosely packed
- 2 large Garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Combine wild rice and 2 1/4 cups of stock, or water, in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a fast simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, apricots, 2 TBS white wine vinegar, and 2 TBS warm water. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Sautee scallions and garlic with olive oil, gently, until just wilted, but not browned.
- Drain cranberries and apricots. Thinly slice apricots.
- Combine cooked wild rice, pecans, cranberries, apricots, and scallion and garlic mixture, including all of the infused olive oil in the pan you sauteed them in. Season with a generous pinch of salt. Taste. If needed add more salt, a few drops of vinegar, or a little warm stock if it feels too dry.
- Can be served cold, at room temperature, or warmed in an ovenproof dish tented with foil.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS