You just can’t get any easier than this…a five ingredient dip that takes less than 2 minutes to pull together and will disappear just as fast.
I found this awesome recipe and although the original wasn’t vegan, I changed a few ingredients and made this a cheesy vegan dip that is sure to become one of your favorites.
I substituted the monterey jack cheese with Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese, the parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast and regular mayonnaise with Vegenaise.
My nutritional yeast is the large flake version, so I put it in my Mr. Coffee coffee grinder and made it into a fine parmesan texture.
My husband, (who hasn’t fallen in love with vegan cheese yet and has to have “real” cheese) really liked it, but said the nutritional yeast was a little too much. I happen to absolutely love nutritional yeast so I didn’t really notice it to be overpowering. For me, the more the better! However, if you don’t want a strong nutritional yeast flavor, you may want to reduce it by maybe a 1/4 cup.
And, there’s probably a reason the recipe is called “hot” corn dip…it 110 percent tastes better “hot” out of the oven than after it has cooled down, so definitely make sure you serve it hot!
Vegan Hot Corn Dip
- 2 cans ORGANIC corn (drained very well)
- 1 – 2 small fresh jalapenos (diced)
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 3/4 cups nutritional yeast (finely ground)
- 1 cup vegan mayonaise
- Dice jalapenos.
- Drain corn very well of all liquid.
- Put all ingredients into an 8 x 8 glass dish and stir until well combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until bubbly hot.
- Stir everything together again before serving to make sure the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Garish with diced jalapenos and tomatoes, if desired and serve with organic, non-GMO corn chips.
- Best when served hot straight from the oven.
Recipe source: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/25746