Who said bat biscuits were just for Halloween! Make like a bat and use your somewhat less advanced sonar skills to find your kitchen and make these delightful little morsels at once.
Halloween Vegan Bat Biscuits
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate buttons
- splash of soya milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 degrees fahrenheit.
- Blitz the porridge oats in a blender until they are flour like.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the soya milk and oil and set it aside – it will curdle a bit, that is fine.
- Gradually pour the soya/oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a firm dough ball is formed. If it is too dry add a little more soya milk or if it’s too wet stop adding liquid and add some more flour.
- Roll out the dough and use the cookie cutter to cut out bat shapes – or any other shape you wish. I think (can’t quite remember) I got about 18 biscuits.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes ensuring to keep an eye on them. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate buttons and soya in a heavy bottomed pan and spread on the cooled biscuits. Allow to cool/set before eating.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS