One of the most common obstacles that my clients and readers face is TIME. There’s just simply not enough of it! Life is crazy, schedules change, we’ve got company, our kids need us…there’s always something that comes up! Even when we have the best intentions, sometimes there’s just no time for cooking! I fall into the same cycles and when I do, this is one of my favorite go-to meals. It’s fast, super easy, and most importantly, DELICIOUS! The best part?! There’s absolutely NO COOKING involved!
The Cracked Sandwich – Hummus, Avocado, and Sun-dried Tomato
- 2 slices toasted bread or sprouted bread
- Hummus – I used roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 a large avocado
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Let me first start off by saying that this is the way I’ve been enjoying (and devouring!) these sandwiches lately. The recipe is 100 percent open to interpretation, modification, and substitution. This combo, as unusual as it may seem is actually quite delicious! Feel free to use different greens, veggies, flavors of hummus, marinated veggies, etc.
- First, toast your bread.
- Spread each piece of toast with 1/4 of avocado. Then, on top of the avocado, add a smear of your favorite hummus. The next layer will be your marinated veggies. I used sun dried tomatoes and raw sauerkraut (you can read about the health benefits of raw sauerkraut here). Sprinkle with some fresh cracked pepper and finally, top with spicy greens like arugula.
- You can eat this as an open faced sandwich or bring the two slices together and enjoy as a traditional sandwich. Either way, it is delicious! No cooking involved. All you have to do is have the ingredients stocked in your fridge each week and you can always slap something together, even if you are absolutely exhausted!! Preparation is key and as long as you’ve got something on hand, this is as easy as it gets!
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS