These sweet potato fritters are a perfect accompaniment to a main dish.
Sweet Potato Fritters
- 1 cup coarsely grated sweet potato
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2/3 cup non dairy milk
- 1 1/2 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded. sliced an chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Oil for frying (I used vegetable oil)
- In a large bowl place the grated sweet potato and salt. Allow to sit for 30 minutes (this will extract some of the moisture from the potato).
- In a large bowl combine the four, baking powder, yeast and sugar. Squeeze the moisture out of the sweet potato and add to the bowl with the non dairy milk, egg replacer, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and allow to sit for one hour or until mixture doubles in size.
- Once mixture is ready heat oil to about 350 degrees. Spoon mixture by the tablespoon full into the hot oil and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes turning once until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.