Chia seed gel is full of nutrients like brain-food omega 3 essential fatty acids, protein (20 percent of the seed), calcium, phosphorus, and fiber. Your baking and raw vegan recipes will contain much less fat than usual recipes. If you use all plant-based, whole foods, your recipes will contain NO cholesterol. A good idea is to have some water based chia gel on hand in the fridge to add as an egg substitute to cakes or cookies, one tablespoon of gel replaces one egg. Prepared chia gel will keep for up to 2 weeks. Of course, my FAVORITE WAY is in SMOOTHIES!!
Superfood Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups water
- LOTS of greens (your choice: organic spinach, parsley, cilantro, kale, romaine, beet greens, etc.)
- 1 organic apple
- handful organic dried apricots (substitute dried figs, or FRESH)
- 2 bananas
- 2 -3 TB. chia seed gel
- 1/2 tsp. spirulina (optional)
- aloe vera gel (otional)
- stevia (sweetener of choice)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Top with your favorite choice of toppings.
- Chia Seeds