If your life sounds like it could use a quick fix dish, for any reason or just because, you might want to give this colorful, antioxidant rich stir-fry a try.
Stir-Fried Beets With Ginger and Lime [Vegan]
- 6 medium-sized fresh beets
- 3 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon whole black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- 11/2 teaspoons finely minced cilantro
- Peel and cut the beets into sticks about 2 inches by 1/2 cm.
- Heat the oil on medium-low heat for about 1 minute and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the mustard seed, begins to crackle add the shallot and ginger paste and cook for about 4 minutes until the shallots are soft and wilted and the ginger is fragrant.
- Add in the chopped beets and the chili powder and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes on medium-low heat, until the beets are tender crisp.
- Cut the lime and squeeze in the juice and stir in the cilantro and mix well.
- Serve as a side to any meal of your choice.