Here is a recipe for Raw Hemp and Chia Seed Bars, which is a healthy and nutrient-dense raw food snack. They pretty much have all my favorite ingredients...hemp seeds, chia seeds, coconut oil, and nut butter. Loaded with protein, calcium, healthy fats and fiber, these bars are perfect for snacks or even as a breakfast bar.
Raw Hemp Chia Seed Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 1/2 cups organic oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic flaxseeds (freshly ground)
- 3/4 cups organic almonds (freshly ground in tiny pieces)
- 1/2 cup organic raw coconut nectar/organic maple syrup/organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 3/4 cups organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Put flaxseeds into a coffee grinder and grind into a powder. Set aside.
- Put almonds into a food processor and process until they are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, ground almonds and coconut, if used).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.
- Take the wet ingredient mixture and combine in the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, using your hands if needed.
- Put the mixture in an 8×8-inch glass baking dish and press the mixture firmly.
- Put in the refrigerator or freezer to chill or until the mixture is firm.
- Cut into even size bars or smaller sized squares.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.