The dried fruit and natural Clementine juice lends the perfect amount of sweetness, it almost tastes like candy. In my humble opinion, it doesn’t get much better than pistachios and pecans in the nut department and they go together so brilliantly in these super easy morsels. Full of goodness and a great source of protein and unsaturated fat; in moderation, they are an essential addition to my vegan diet.
Pistachio, Pecan, and Goji Berry Bites [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 pecans
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/8 cup dried blueberries
- 1 Medjool date
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, plus more for coating
- Juice 1/2 small clementine
- Place the nuts in a hand blender and blitz until coarsely ground.
- Add the goji berries, blueberries, date and desiccated coconut and blitz to form a fine rubble.
- Lastly add the Clementine juice and blitz again until everything comes together - you may need to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Take a small teaspoon sized amount and roll into ball. Pour a little desiccated coconut into a bowl and roll the ball in it until completely covered. Repeat - you should get at least 10 small bites from the mixture.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to cool and firm up for at least an hour.