I am so excited to share one of my original recipes with you! This easy Crunchy Raw Protein Ball recipe has to be in my top three favorites because it is simple to make and has so much nutrition packed into each tiny little chocolate ball. I created these when I first started eating raw foods to help with my sweet cravings. They were a lifesaver for me because the protein in them help to curb my appetite and keep me satisfied throughout the day. There are so many different possibilities with these little gems. They are great to have plain if you are going to snack on them during the day. But make sure you take the time to actually make them into the little balls and not eat it right out of the bowl by the spoonful like I do! Plus, you have better portion control when they are in little balls! You could also dress them up for the holidays or a special occasion just by rolling them in a variety of different toppings – sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, carob powder, cacao nibs, chia seeds, coconut flakes, and on and on. Some of the toppings I used above were sesame seeds, chia seeds, maca powder, coconut flakes, raw cacao powder, and crushed walnuts…yum! Be creative! But most of all, enjoy them…they are good for you and are a gluten-free and guilt-free treat!
Crunchy Raw Protein Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop Raw Protein Powder (or raw protein powder of your choice)
- 1/4 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic nut butter
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey (or other liquid sweetener for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons organic grade B maple syrup
- pinch pink himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and in a crumbly, paste-type consistency.
- Scoop small spoonfuls and squeeze tightly in the palm of your hands then roll between the palms of your hands into a small ball shape.
- Serve plain, or roll in sesame seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds or chia seeds.
- Refrigerate and they will become firmer.