If you’re a fan of organic food options, here’s cause to celebrate: the organic market is simply exploding! We recently reported that one assessment of the organic food market projected growth of 14 percent through 2018. Now, another report, titled Organic Food & Beverages Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020, projects even more of a growth — a nearly 16 percent skyrocket of the organic food and beverages market by 2020 — meaning organic food sales will reach an estimated U.S. $211.44 billion by that time!

Grand View Research, the originators of the new report, writes, “Growing adoption of organic food & beverages owing to associated health benefits and eco-friendly characteristics is expected to drive demand over the next six years.”

The firm also asserts that “regulatory support for organic farming” is also projected to have a positive impact on the organic food market because both supply and product quality will see gains.

The report posits that all areas of organic products will see growth, from organic tea to non-dairy beverages. You can read the full press release on the report here.

As supporters of true organic food production, we’re thrilled to see such a rise projected. We choose organic whenever possible to save our bodies from ingesting GMOs, pesticides, and unnecessary chemicals — and, whenever you can, we think you should too!

Image source: Hail Merry / Flickr

America’s First Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Minneapolis and Beyond!

America's First Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Minneapolis and Beyond!

Coca-Cola is Getting Into The Milk Business and The Ads Are Bizarre

Coca-Cola is Getting Into The Milk Business and The Ads Are Bizarre

Orphan Kitten Gets a Second Chance…These Beautiful Photos Capture Her Story

Orphan Kitten Gets a Second Chance

Major Facepalm: SeaWorld Profits Drop in the U.S., so CEO Plans for International Expansion!

9 comments on “Take That, GMOs and Pesticides! Organic Industry to Explode to $211 Billion by 2020”

Sign on with:
Mary Kamermans

Now can the prices come down some ?

Ornella Haja

I've read soya milk is packed with GMOs. Is the organic one ok?? So much info my head hurts :'(

Asif Junejo

Nice food

Charles A Frankenberry

Problem is that many simply cannot afford it ... not an option. Have to grow my own, and probably will not be able to do that for much longer, so hope, somehow, prices will come down with increasing demand ....

Z-Honey Miles

I so hope you are right !!!! Sick of eating shit gmo crap from the supermarket !!!! ..... Growing up & coming from a European background , we had a fantastic vegie patch & were called "wogs" HAHAHAHAHA , so whose growing & eating it now ??? I was born here but , but if it wasn't for US so called "WOGS" WHAT CRAP WOULD YOU PEEPS STILL BE EATING ?????

David Lloyd Rowlands

Trouble is, they'll put a premium price on 'organic' foods (and label a helluva lot of inorganic foods just to get the premium prices...) so that only the richer strata of society will be able to afford to eat 'em... Us poor bastards will be forced, through economic circumstances (combined, no doubt, with misleading labeling/advertising) to eat non-organic crap... maybe even GMO crap! UNLESS, of course, they are 'rich' enough to have a patch of land on which to grow their own organic foods...

Eileen Cain

My Mom just commented to me the other day that even her regular grocery store was carrying more organic food now and I said that is because they are realizing it is what the people want. Makes me happy!

Suzanne Iskra

So you are aware of Western Australians fruit growers who cannot make a living off their family owned business of many generations who are being prevented by using pesticides to kill fruit fly.... My fruit and veges eaten now for almost 50 years did me no harm. I'm still alive and kicking. How can you guarantee that your organically grown food is that if a bee pollinates your farm hasn't just pollinated non organic farms. Or even a bird flying overhead decides to lets say do his droppings over your organic farm food and has just been visiting other non organic farms to have a bite to eat. Please really there is no evidence that there is any benefit in eating non organic to organic... A Current Affair program last year viewed by myself came to the conclusion after tests carried out on both produce that there is no more benefits in eating organic or non organic.

Susie Malad

My son set up a Facebook page for my granddaughter when she was born. They can control the content and who sees it. It was wonderful for me because she was born in Denver. I got to see pics of her everyday!