Buy the #EatForThePlanet book

It seems the plant-based movement has blown up so much that it has reached galaxies far, far away, as Star Wars lead actor Daisy Ridley revealed she is a vegan in a recent interview with the Irish men’s lifestyle website, JOE.ie.

Ridley expressed gratitude for vegan dining options while balancing the hectic promotion schedule of the new blockbuster. You can watch the entire interview here:

Apparently, Ridley is an animal lover, as she has a rescue dog named Muffin who is blind and deaf. There is also a moment in the latest Star Wars film in which Chewbacca refuses to eat a dead animal carcass, likening it to his Porg alien animal friends.

Ridley joins a growing number of celebrities, including the McCartney familyAlicia Silverstone, Natalie Portman, Ariana GrandeKat Von D, Laverne Cox, Moby, Waka Flocka, Russell Simmons, Mya, Ellie Goulding, Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth, and Jason Derulo, just to name a very few, who have adopted and promoted eating plant-based, inspiring their fans to do the same.

Knowing how dire of a situation the planet is in because of our meat habit, it’s great to see celebrities use their platform to speak up for animals, their health, and the environment!

You can learn more about how you can use your food choices for the benefit of the environment and animals, by joining One Green Planet’s #EatForThePlanet movement.

Image Source: JOE.ie/YouTube

Company That Owns Major Dairy Brands to Debut Vegan Cheese Shreds Because the Future Is Plant-Based!

Meet the World’s Luckiest Piglet Who Escaped Slaughter By Hiding on a Truck!

Want to Help Support Rescues Saving Animals From Flood Waters? Check This Out

This Incredible Man Bought and Renovated a School Bus to Transport Shelter Animals From Hurricane Zones to Safety!

56 comments on “Star Wars Actor Daisy Ridley Dishes About Being Vegan (VIDEO)!”

Hayden Upton

Josie Taranto

Josie Taranto
25 Dec 2017

Nice!

Sean Parrish

Of course. Only a sith would kill defenseless animals

Dana Ivancic

Eric Ivancic

Muriel Bing

Tom Galludec hehe

Tom Galludec
24 Dec 2017

She do what she want 😜

Agnieszka Yaga

2days ago I saw her in that little interview where she plays with Lego, saying "she is vegan but she still eats FISH"! :(

Agnieszka Yaga
23 Dec 2017

Caroline Lupardo
23 Dec 2017

lol yeah.. sadly she's not vegan. but maybe pescatarian 😕

Dominique Adam
23 Dec 2017

Still a plus, but would be nicer if she used to proper term...

Extremely English

Want to know more about English language? Want to learn the basics and elements of English? If so, visit our page and like it

Richard Paulin

She hasn’t turned to the dark side ☄️ Amy Appleby Kaylie Jane Appleby

Rainy Day Wolf

Juan Antonio Mar

Juan Antonio Mar
22 Dec 2017

Genial

Cheryl Moore

Great job Daisy!

Rowan Boag

How do you know when someone is vegan? Don't worry they will tell you. ..

Cheryl Moore
22 Dec 2017

Sure will! Spread the word animals will thank you!

Victoria Hanshaw
22 Dec 2017

And, yet every meat eater I encounter has to make it known how they "cannot live without meat" or would "add meat" whenever I bring up what I'm eating in casual chat, even when I don't mention the word vegan. One guy even brought it up even when I wasn't talking about food. I sent him a pic of my cat, he didn't comment. I say, "I take it you don't like cats?", he says, "I don't like animals in general, I would never hurt them. I love eating venison". Came straight out of nowhere. So, same can be said about meat eaters!

Kimberley Hepner
22 Dec 2017

What an original and witty comment Rowan, well done keep it up 👏👏👏 just brilliant!

Kimmy Pfeiffer
23 Dec 2017

Kimberley Hepner exactly what i was going to say!! 'how do you know is someone is a meat eater? because they'll make the same stupid anti vegan jokes over and over and over' lo

Rowan Boag
23 Dec 2017

Here's a reality check: nobody cares about what you eat or not eat

Ashlée Hooper
23 Dec 2017

Rowan Boag if that's so, why do vegans get so much attention from non-vegans?

Victoria Hanshaw
23 Dec 2017

I put up a Craigslist personal ad, I know scary, but the fact that I mention the word vegan has gotten me a lot of shit from men responding to my ad. Like this little gem that I've been dying to share elsewhere other than my own Facebook, couldn't screen cap it all or IMO it would have been too many to post

Victoria Hanshaw
23 Dec 2017

Lol at the part where he says "all animals especially humans eat meat" and I never put in my ad that I wanted a vegan boyfriend.

Aitch Hagal Parker
23 Dec 2017

Rowan... The planet cares. Your children will care.. Your grandchildren will care.... I have no children so I am not doing it for me I'm doing it for you and your descendants. No need to thank me. You're welcome. 😎✌️

Aitch Hagal Parker
23 Dec 2017

Actually to be honest I'm doing it for the animals and the planet but you'd get all pissy if I just put that.