If anybody out there had any lingering doubts that animals can remember their friends, this video will quickly eradicate them.

This family had a pet squirrel. While having a wild animal as a pet is never a good idea, they eventually did the right thing and released him back into the wild where he belongs. Clearly doing well, the little guy would pop back in from time to time in order to visit his best buddy … the family cat!

The pair clearly enjoy one another’s company, rolling around playfully and wrestling like two toddlers on a playground. Watching these two, we can’t help but be reminded of the deep social bonds that animals form, no matter what species they come from. Once again, we all could take a lesson from these animals that it doesn’t matter where you come from or what you look like. A friend is a friend.

Tesla is Ditching Leather in Their Cars – Here’s Why This is More Than Just a Win for Vegans

This Washington Redskins Player Just Went Vegan – and He’s Convincing His Teammates as Well

There Are More Tigers in Backyards Than the Wild – Tell Congress to Stop This!

30 Cats and Kittens Who Were Found Abandoned and Living in Filth Need Your Help

64 comments on “Squirrel Reunites With His Best Cat Buddy and … OMG! (VIDEO)”

Snooks

This is an old video. I\'m not so sure that cat is totally thrilled with the squirrel. When doing share with the net videos, one should turn sound off.

Raya

If only animals could write poetry

Dee

That was the most adorable thing....and yes by all means turn your sound off your device to watch this...you will enjoy it more....

Kate

Well, 7 years later it is still cute and i agree about the conversation in the background. Why could they not just be quiet?

steve

Video is 7 years old. Nice.

Miel Mani
20 May 2017

Which means that the squirrel has probably died.

Caroline Marsden

Courtney Marsden James Anthony why can't Godfrey play with the possum

Chris Lina

So instead of watching this adorable display taking place that little bastard kid in the background needs to be the center of attention and has to talk about s'mores for later that evening....I absolutely hate kids.

Everybody Has One
20 May 2017

@Chris, you\'re not very nice, are you?!? I was more concerned about the "mother" cursing!

divine spirit
26 May 2017

I didn\'t like kids either until I realized no one in my young life cared for me. I went from 10yrs old to 30 I couldn\'t wait to grow up and out of the dysfunctional household I grew up in. My mantra at 9 yrs old was "when I grow up I\'m going to move far far a way". and I did the other side of the country on the east coast. I carried my baggage with me until I went into therapy to rid myself of all the self-hate that was dumped upon me by my relatives. .who hated you when YOU were a kid? who did not VALUE your sweet young innocent life? people like US learn to hate from the adults in OUR lives....LEARN to LOVE yourself and others regardless of their age.I will pray for your happiness and peace of mind.....peace

elphupphy

Love the playing between the cat and squirrel. Wish I could turn the sound off, though.

Civilian
26 Dec 2016

I agree 100%

Miel Mani
20 May 2017

You can...by turning the sound off on your laptop/other device.

Miel Mani
20 May 2017

Which means that the squirrel has probably died.

Manveer Jarosz

Gosia Kazimierska

yasha karr
21 May 2017

fried squirrel and bisquits and gravy

Karr Ash

Funniest thing is the conversation! Her voice doncha know!