When people find out that you eat a plant-based diet, many reactions usually arise. Lots of people are genuinely interested, ask some questions and then go about their merry way. There are others, however, that launch into a strange song and dance number from the smash Broadway musical, “You’re Crazy, Meat is Delicious! Bacon!!”…it’s a romantic comedy.

Everybody’s individual diet choices aside, there is compelling scientific evidence for why a plant-based diet is better for our health, better for the environment and, beyond obviously, better for animals. Yet, people still cling to misinformation like a one of the few available life vests on the Titanic, watching the ship go down around them but insisting that everything is alright because they aren’t drowning. Yet.

From claims of getting sick less often, superior protein sources and that if we didn’t eat animals they would take over the world (this is a thing. People say this), there are some pretty laughable reasons for the continued inclusion of animals products in human diets and its hard not to get really annoyed when you hear them over and over. Especially when you know the truth. Fortunatley, this cat has no qualms about putting these claims right in their place and doesn’t care how irritated he appears in the process. He’s a straight shooter, and right now he’s gunning for pure inanity.

1. “I need iron, man. A steak keeps me healthy.”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

2. “Vitamin B12 only comes from animals. You vegans could die!”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

3. “If we didn’t eat meat, animal populations would explode.”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

4. “I considered giving up meat, but I caught a cold just thinking about it. You guys are all sickly, right?”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

5. “Sorry, I need protein.”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

6. “Um, bacon. AMIRIGHT? HAHA, FIST BUMP!

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

7. “I buy grass-fed meat, It’s just as ethical as not eating it at all.”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

8. “I’m a carnivore dude, why else would I have canine teeth?”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

9. “There’s no way I could get all the nutrition I need for sports without meat. It’s all about the gainssss.”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

10. “I just like how it tastes way too much.”

10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat

Image Credit: Imgur

This Sweet Lamb Lost Her Mom, But Learned to Love Again Thanks to Kind Little Girl

Toxic Manure Vapors on Dairy Farm Claims the Life of a Farmer and a Dozen Cattle – This Needs to Stop

Cows

Victory! California Bans Cruel Tool Used to Train Captive Elephants

Elephant circus

Touching Photo Captures the Moment a Traumatized Baby Chimp Felt Safe for the First Time

128 comments on “10 Ridiculous Reasons For Eating Meat, Refuted By This Really Annoyed Cat”

Tim

A cat eats meat you stupid fucks

Sandra Quinn

I get people still saying to me,u need to eat meat. ha

Calista Darho

I'm slowly working my way into a vegetarian diet. Meat is starting to make me ill. I do hate the thought of eating a poor animal as well. I'm easing into it as it's so new and creating meals is a challenge lol but I'm getting there.

Erika Garcia

Jill Alexander Barrella

Suzanne Schuurman

People are not animals. Eat Seaweed instead of dead animals

Jeanette Flåterud
01 Dec 2014

Actually, yes, we are. This whole "human is better and above everything else" is destroying the planet.

Evan Conver
01 Dec 2014

Well that's actually the smartest thing you've said so far Jeanette. And i believe she met "animls" in the sense that we are civilized and suppose to be intelligent, not in the literal sense.

Brett Streader

Hickory smoked bacon in fucked

Justine Maheux

Ahah, love it!

Evan Conver

Evolution doesn't allows equate to intelligence Ken Starr. And Jeanette Flåterud i have to call out your stupid ass article post, one i dealt with a few weeks ago with a cousin. First of it's from Australia, written by some douche bag australian blogger. Second, and you don't have to be Einstein to figure this equation out, 75% of the worlds grains, veggies, and fruits is reserved for livestock. Enough to feed the world over twice. So even if you want to take this ridiculous bs seriouly, meat eaters would be twice as responsible for this mice devastation. You're contributing world hunger and the death of both the animal who feed on the grains, and the mouse. This is very similar to the idiots who believe in this plant pain crap.

Jeanette Flåterud
01 Dec 2014

Google "paleo".

Evan Conver
01 Dec 2014

I'm very aware of the stupid paleo diet. I'd personally never go on a diet that has zero evidence of its success. It is a modern fad diet that will flop like all the others in the past when people ten years from now start seeing the results. Nothing today is anywhere close to what they had in the Paleolithic era.

Jaime Brideau

Sigh. Why can't we all just stop judging and shaming?

Marie Virag

People will continue to defend their addiction to meat - bottom line is, we don't need meat to survive and animals are being tortured for the sake of your addiction ACCEPT THAT!

Jaime Brideau
01 Dec 2014

Addiction? I spent 14 years of my life being vegetarian and vegan. I ate as healthy as you can possibly imagine, and was NEVER healthy in that time. After my third (and final) Crohn's disease flare up, I craved meat. I gave in. And I have never been healthier. My body does not digest most vegetarian proteins (beans, legumes, most grains). I am not addicted to meat. I do not eat a lot of meat. I know exactly where every price of meat I eat comes from. There is no torture involved. And I am HEALTHY and happy. Finally. Let's not judge each other, ok?

Marie Virag
01 Dec 2014

I dont want to judge and I'm sorry what you went through.. but you said you craved meat.. what does that tell you?

Jaime Brideau