While waiting for reinforcements, the two were able to pull the dog from the tar before it swallowed her whole. They quickly noticed that this was no accident–somebody had put this poor pup in a sack and tossed her in.
She was quickly taken to a local shelter, Clínica Veterinaria Puppies Vet, where workers scrubbed for over FOUR hours to get this pup clean and healthy! The rescuers named her “Quitrán,” which is Spanish for “tar.”
Even though they were able to clean her off, she was still in poor shape. Thankfully, both her kidneys and liver are fine, but she has a bacterial infection. For now, she’s receiving antibiotics, and, most importantly, eating to her tummy’s desire!
After she’s recovered, they plan to find her a loving home … where something like this will NEVER happen!
Quitrán’s transformation is absolutely amazing, thanks to the hard work of the rescue team! Unfortunately, we’re sad to say that according to the Facebook post, dumping dogs in tar pits is becoming a common occurrence. They’re working tirelessly to get to the bottom of this cruelty. If you’d like to help out this Chilean clinic, you can visit their website.
All image source: Clínica Veterinaria Puppies Vet