Buy the #EatForThePlanet book

Too many animals, including dogs, cats, primates, and rodents, are forced to be subjects of inhumane and invasive tests in laboratories. But there was one little mouse at Cardiff University who fought back and defended itself, biting the lab technician, which caused an allergic reaction and prompted the man to seek medical attention at a hospital.

The incident occurred in 2017, but it was released to the public recently thanks to campaigners from Cardiff Animal Rights. A spokeswoman for the organization stated, “It is absolutely not acceptable the amount of distress caused to living beings here. We call on Cardiff University to move forward and stop the cruelty and killing … There are a great many organizations that concentrate on medical research that do not use animals, as they are aware of the detrimental impact.”

A total of 46,743 animals were used as test subjects at Cardiff University last year, including two guinea pigs, four rabbits, 122 frogs, 1,825 fish, and 42,660 mice.

This incident is even further proof that animals, including those who are reduced to mere test subjects, are emotional sentient beings with a strong will to live freely. Subjecting animals to cruel and invasive laboratory testing is barbaric at best. Animal testing is completely outdated and ineffective, and it is high time laboratories across the world end animal testing and opt for more advanced, humane, and effective scientific procedures that do not involve animals.

Remember to share this with your network to shed light on the suffering lab animals endure in the name of “science.”

Image Source: Pixabay

Illinois Banned the Sale of Ivory and Rhino Horn!

80% of Animals Were Killed in Recent Kerala Floods, But Rescuers Are Determined to Help Any Survivors They Can

Wow! CEO of Tyson Has Some Pretty Incredible Thoughts On Why Plant Protein Is the Future

Who Could Look at This Puppy and Leave a Rope Around His Neck to the Point it Gets Embedded!?

12 comments on “Oh KARMA! Mouse Being Used for Cruel Tests Fought Back and Sent Lab Tech to the Hospital”

Jovy Jergens

You go little mouse! If I found out someone I knew was involved in animal abuse of any kind, even the legal torture that occurs in laboratories, I would drop that person from my know-list immediately. Who needs deliberate cruelty in their lives - even second-hand?

Joe Villalobos

How can I stop your emails. Please respond, land loving friend.

moonlit
11 Mar 2018

No one from one green planet ever responds to comments. At the bottom of the email in very small type is unsubscribe just click on that.

Fran

Sadly, I have read about what happens to animal in research lab when they give the soulless humans a hard time in these labs. These so called professionals are really vindictive little cry babies who torture and abuse the animals that try to "fight back", they are a sickening example of the dark side of human nature. Google "Double Trouble" the lab cat that would not cooperate. I cannot read that story again as I have lost much sleep over it.

PATRICIA WELCH

I just love stories like this.
I\'m sure the poor mouse didn\'t fair well in the incident, either.

But - good for him!!!

M

The best story I\'ve read in a while ! Why use animals for human experiments? Use humans... there are plenty of healthy specimens at the cost of billions in prisons. That could be their chance to " give back " to society, what they\'ve robbed of it.

moonlit
11 Mar 2018

I admire the mouse for fighting back, but I certainly do not see this as "the best story". I do not imagine that mouse is still alive and I am sure this incident did not stop them from continuing to test on other animals.

Jeff Biss

First and foremost, nonhuman animals have the same rights that we claim for ourselves because we consider ourselves moral. So, any experiments performed on nonhumans must be conducted as if they were human. Their lives are not ours to do with as we please, to harm them is evil by definition.

Pamela Tate

The more animals they kill, they think it makes them look like they\'re achieving something. When in fact they\'re all as thick as shit, and don\'t know what they are doing.

Ann K Belmont

All well and good but when the Lab Tech returned to work, how did this story end? I cannot believe it was a "happy, Ha Ha you bit me" with a pat on the head. This is a story that needed a happy ending and I have a feeling it did not end well.

Czerny A.
09 Mar 2018

That was my immediate reaction, too. While we\'re laughing at this lab schmuck, the poor mouse was probably killed.

Fran
09 Mar 2018

That was my first reaction to this story also. I seriously doubt that the mouse is still with us and I am pretty sure its demise was not "humane" in any way. At least the tech had to suffer some, that I am glad about and not ashamed to say it.