Sweet Cheeks Vegan Bakery is an artisan vegan cupcakery, dedicated to baking compassionate sweets, while advocating for animal rights and helping women achieve their entrepreneurial dreams.
Founder & Baker (and One Green Planet Contributor!), Liuba Grechen, recently left her position at the United Nations Foundation to pursue her MBA at New York University’s Stern School of Business and to launch Sweet Cheeks Vegan Bakery. Liuba started Sweet Cheeks to bake delicious cruelty-free cupcakes and advocate for animal rights. Sweet Cheeks has donated cupcakes to Farm Sanctuary, Best Friends Animal Society, NYC’s Veggie Prom and Food Festivals, and now is now launching their wholesale business!
Liuba believes that entrepreneurship is the new activism, that teaching women business skills will alleviate global poverty, and that baking cupcakes is an excellent way to build awareness of the meat and dairy industries. She has lofty goals, grand plans, and some mouth-watering recipes.
What makes Sweet Cheeks so special?
- No animals were harmed in the baking of their cupcakes.
- They can bake sugar and gluten free cupcakes as well!
- Going Vegan reduces your risk of heart disease by 50% and cancer by 40%. Animal products are the main source of saturated fat and the only source of cholesterol in the diet. These are cholesterol free cupcakes!
- Every Vegan saves 100 animals each year.
- They don’t harm the environment.
Eat Cupcakes, Save Animals and the Environment? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal!
Sweet Cheeks Vegan Bakery plans to open a location where they will also offer workshops on vegan nutrition, animal rights activism, and entrepreneurship and business training for women.
They currently offer eight flavors, including Chocolate, Vanilla, Snowflake, Mint Chip, Strawberries & Cream, Black & White, Banana Chocolate, and Birthday Cake, and plan to create many more. In fact, special supporters can create their own flavor and cupcake name.
Sweet Cheeks is working to raise start-up capital and supporters who make a small investment receive incredible rewards, including Sweet Cheeks tote bags, t-shirts, cupcakes, coupons for Vaute Couture t-shirts, cupcake baking classes, and cupcake parties at your home with special guest speakers, Our Hen House founders, Jasmin Singer and Mariann Sullivan.
- To make a donation please visit: www.indiegogo.com/sweetcheeksvb
- To learn more please visit their website at www.sweetcheeksvb.com
- Become a Facebook Fan: www.facebook.com/sweetcheeksvb
Sweet Cheeks Vegan Bakery will launch their wholesale business on October 24 in honor of World Go Vegan Week (October 24th through 31st) and United Nations Day!