Buy the #EatForThePlanet book

A little over a month ago, we shared the story of a dog taken in by Trio Animal Foundation, and his story was nothing short of heartbreaking. Charlie was hung by his neck and had an acidic solvent thrown on his body. Medical treatment was started and Trio Animal Foundation was called in to take over. Up until the second week of January, Charlie was undergoing burn treatment and was introduced to one of Trio’s therapy dogs, Hazel Grace, another burn survivor as part of his recovery. And now we have awesome news to share… Charlie has been adopted!

Charlie now has a loving family to call his own!

His new family will have to apply sunscreen and a sun shirt during warm months and a soft fleece pullover in the cold months to help protect his sensitive skin.

But Charlie’s new family is up to the task and will ensure he gets all of the care and love he needs!

Charlie and his new dog brother have already taken to each other. So sweet!

Charlie even got in on the selfie trend with his new human siblings!

Congratulations on your happy ending, Charlie!

“To Charlie’s new family, you are selfless and wonderful human beings. May you have many years of good health and happiness with your new boy,” Trio shared on Facebook.

With over 70 million homeless dogs and cats wandering the streets in the U.S., we could all stand to do a lot more to ensure the lucky animals who make it to shelters get their happy ending too. If you’re considering welcoming a four-legged companion into your home, please always adopt and never shop. If you’re unable to adopt, animal shelters could always use more volunteers to help with a variety of tasks, so be sure check out our guide to volunteering!

To learn more about Trio Animal Foundation, click here.

Image Source: Trio Animal Foundation/Facebook

Plant-Based Meat Company Started by Former Livestock Farms Comes to the U.S.!

Sweet Photo Will Inspire You to Think Differently About Our Relationship With Pigs

This Bull Broke His Hind Legs During Cruel Running Festival – Let’s End This Blood Sport Now!

Vaquita Calf Spotted in the Wild Gives Hope for the Survival of This Extremely Endangered Species

21 comments on “Dog Who Was Hung and Had Acid Thrown On Him Now Has the Perfect Forever Home”

Ana Bachman

What a wonderful family!! Keep having wonderful days now Charlie. God bless that family and may you have a great life.

Jovy Jergens

What a wonderful family!

Christine Glass

The treatment of animals truly divides the wonderful humans from the unworthy of life segment. Thank you to everyone involved in this horror and bless the family who adopted this beautiful creature.

linda mervar

what a lovely family you found Charlie . .I will send you happy thoughts of healing every day and thanks to your special family . . animals find us linda

Pamela

Thank you and to high heavens for giving life so valeintly

JOHN PASQUA

ALL GREAT SOULS WHO HELPED CHARLIE THE DOG.

Ronavish

P.S. I do have a service dog and I thank god and her everyday for her helping me to stay alive. She has always been there for me when no one else was there, never complaining, always loving,caring and worrying about me and keeping me safe as I do for her. She is the one that detected my heart attack and alerted medical personnel, she is the one who laid by my side on the hospital bed and comfort me when I was in pain and could not talk, she was the one who I first saw when I opened my eyes after the triple bypass and she was the one who would not give up on me and encouraged me in physical therapy to keep on pushing to get better so we could go home.For you see, with her I have no deamons that I have to face alone anymore, I owe her my life !

Ronavish

My question is: why in the hell is all this raciest talk going on among each other ? those who are doing it are missing the whole point here. It has nothing to do with the color of ones skin BUT, the story of a wonderful ,loving dog and family taking a beautiful animal in to give it a forever home with love ,protection,caring and neutering. I will be the first to admit that at 5\'-9\'\',200 lbs,14-1/2 years in the Marines with 5 tours of duty stemming from Vietnam to Granada that I thought I had seen and done about everything BUT this brought me literally down on my knees crying. I thank god everyday that there is still decent folks out there who actually care.

Nothing But Dogs

I could just kill the people who hurt this beautiful dog. Bless your heart, Charlie. To the Family who took him in, I love you all!

liesl

May the garbage that tortured this sweet little angel suffer the most horrendous pain and have to watch their family members slowly and excruciatingly waste away. May their pathetic lives be a living hell of brutality and suffering.